Candidates for membership shall be:
An engineer or any student of engineering.
AΩE considers those engineering disciplines accredited by ABET/CEAB to be acceptable for all recruitment and membership purposes.
A student majoring in a technical science program.
Technical science disciplines must be pre-approved before recruitment into the Sorority by the International Executive Board, according to the approval process outlined in the Degree Recognition Procedure.
Election to Candidate Status:
AΩE Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time as defined by Chapters’ University.
- Be a student in good standing with the University with a minimum cumulative 2.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent, unless she is a first-term freshman.
- Have successfully been initiated through the active chapter membership ceremony and has declared her educational discipline.
- Be recognized by the active organization to be a candidate.
- Expected to attend all functions and responsibilities set forth by the actives and campus policies.
- Is not a member of another national or local sorority.